Thursday, December 3, 2015

Strider's AKC Open JWW Run



Hello everyone!

This week we will take a look at Strider’s AKC Open Jumpers with Weaves run from the agility trial at Industry Hills Expo Center.  This trial was on November 28 and the dogs and I had a blast!  Both of them did great, adding Q’s and advancing in their title requirements.  After this qualifying run in jumpers with weaves, Strider now only needs one more Q and he will be competing in the Excellent class!  I am very proud of him and he is truly turning out to be an incredibly focused and fun agility dog!  

In this run, I was very pleased with a few things.  To start off, his speed was awesome and it truly shows how much fun he was having out there.  When we first started competing, he definitely seemed a little unsure about it all and he definitely wasn’t the fastest.  With this being said, I am so proud of how far he has come in just a few months and I can’t wait to see how much he improves in the future!

Another thing that made me very happy about Strider’s JWW run is the two rear crosses I was able to execute in the beginning and towards the middle of the run.  Strider has always been okay at his rear crosses, but since we have been practicing them a lot more lately, you can definitely see how much he understands them now.  Even though rear crosses seemed like they have to be intensely trained, a good rear cross relies on the handler, just as much as the dog.  If the handler’s timing is off, the dog could knock a bar or totally miss the jump completely.  With that being said, I am equally proud of myself for being able to time my rear crosses in order to make them the best they can be.

I hope you enjoyed watching Strider’s Open JWW run and hopefully you found some inspiration for your own training!  

Happy training!



No comments:

Post a Comment