Thursday, January 21, 2016

Goliath's AKC Standard Novice Run


Hello everyone!

In this week’s video, you will see my run with Goliath at an agility trial from back in November.  I would normally like to show a more recent agility trial video; however, the company that films and sells the videos is not always at the trials.  Anyways, this video is from November 28, 2015 at a trial in City of Industry.  

In the video you will see Goliath’s AKC Standard Novice run.  Novice is the beginning level and this was our third Q  (qualified run) that we needed to get out of Novice and into the Open competition level.  

I am very proud of how we did in this video and we received a clear run with a score of 100, meaning no faults whatsoever (ie. a dropped bar, missed contact, refusal).  The reason I was so proud of him is that I taught Goliath in a way that is referred to as “homeschooled” meaning I have never attended a formal agility training class with him.  Basically, everything I learn from attending classes with Strider, I would come home and teach it all to Goliath using my equipment at home or sometimes using the equipment at the place where I attend classes.  SInce Standard includes more of a variety of obstacles than Jumpers with Weaves, Goliath and I had a few more issues there as he needed to build his confidence on these obstacles that he didn’t get much practice on.  Even though this was a Novice course and it was pretty simple, I love this run because it shows how far Goliath has come in his training and it proves that his confidence is building with agility.

I hope you enjoy the video!

Happy training,

Hayley
Goliath with his 1st place ribbon, Q ribbon, and new title ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment