Sunday, March 6, 2016

Weave Poles and Dog Walk Sequence


Hello Everyone!

In this week’s video, I will be doing a sequence with my dogs that includes various obstacles in order to help prepare us for our agility trial next weekend.  Our agility trial is March 5 in Pomona and before every trial, I like to work on certain sequences and drills to ensure that my dogs are ready to show.  

Also, I recently got a brand new dog walk which is very exciting because it opens a whole new door to my practice times at home.  With this new dog walk, I will be able to work on all kinds of contact behavior and be able to do it without having to drive to my training center.  

The sequence that I set up with include the dog walk, tunnel, weave poles, and various jumps.  Some main things that I work on pre-trial are rear crosses, front crosses, and blind crosses.  I also really put a big emphasis on weave poles because those are where you can rack up the most faults during trials.  Even though I use this sequence pre-trial, it can be used for any kind of practice with your dog.  I invite you to set up this sequence either in your own yard or at your local club and give it a try for yourself.  I hope you enjoy the video and feel free to leave any questions below!  Never forget to reward your dog frequently and make it a fun time for you and your dog!!

Happy training!

Hayley Mack

at the agility trial in Pomona

No comments:

Post a Comment